1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ads can be a pain, but they are our only way to maintain the server. Your patience is highly appreciated and we hope our service can be worth it.
  3. Download Samsung Odin 3.12.5 Download
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy S6 rooted

Discussion in 'Samsung - FAQ, Guide, How To, Tutorials' started by Root, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Root

Root Well-Known Member
    India
    Verified ✔ Registered ✔

Devices:
    iPhone 6
    Samsung Galaxy S6 rooted (Good news everyone!)

Obvious clickbait is obvious, unlocked bootloaders are unlocked, and as invariably someone has to point out in a snarky comment on /r/android, open doors are indeed open, even before you kick them.

Either way, the first CF-Auto-Root's for the S6 family are up: SM-G920T and SM-G925T - the T-Mobile US S6 and S6 Edge.

Only very minor modifications were necessary [to the existing CFAR script]. The S6 CFAR has been tested on a real device, and root was achieved. Further information? I have none, I wasn't there in person.

All completely expected, but perhaps nice to know regardless.

Before actually rooting though, consider that KNOX will likely be tripped, and there's a good chance untripped KNOX will be required for phone based payments.

CF-Auto-Root repository: CF-Auto-Root

Let the "yeah I don't really need root anymore" commenting commence!

• Like Like x 2