1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please don't post any cracked or illegal software in this board be it Windows or Mac software. This thread is on monitored clock wise and offenders will be banned without warning.

Install Android on PC

Discussion in 'Personal Computers / Notebooks' started by xTreme, Apr 1, 2015.

1. xTreme

xTreme Active Member
    linkoping

The first time i knew Android, it was a Operating System that install in Laptop. I was think that OS is cool, but still i use windows for my daily works. The main reason, Android is still new and does not have not many application (and games). After few month i did not see Android again when the expo held.

Next, i saw Android became phone Operating system. Then the era of Android is begin. Some people maybe does not know that it was run on Laptop / PC. So, if you want feel how Android run in your PC, then you can try this. Thank`s to F4uzan (xda-developers) for this.

Install Android in PC
    This Android is generic build which support many device. But i personaly recommand for install this OS as secondary OS. Use dual boot for it. Today Android is build for smartphone device,even it can run in PC i am sure that some error will occur.

What you need is

• A working laptop & netbooks
    • R/W CD / Bootable USB stick (flashdisk) / free space for VM
    • Android x86 ISO or Generic ICS build if your device is not listed
    • Free partition :
      – 2 GB for Froyo
      – ICS- 8 GB for JellyBean 4.2
      – JellyBean 4.3
      – 10 GB for KitKat 4.4.2
    Android Installation method

Install Android using USB stick
    1. Download UNetbootin
    2. Make sure USB stick that you want to use is already connect
    3. Run Unetbootin, select the Android x86 ISO
    4. Select USB drive (instead of Hard Disk), then click OK
    5. The UNetbootin will install Android x86 live image and installer to USB stick
    6. Reboot device after the installation is completed.
    7. Boot to Boot Device Selection (in BIOS image)
    8. Select USB2.0 / USB4.0 / USB Disk (or something similiar)
    9. Select Install Android x86 to hard disk
    10. Wait until it to load
    11. Select partition to install Android x86
    12. If you’re unsure, do not format the partition
    13. A prompt will appear, ‘Install GRUB bla-bla-bla’, for Windows user, select yes.
    14. Another prompt will appear, select yes again.
    15. For Ubuntu / already installed GRUB Bootloader, select no
    16. Another prompt, ‘Make system r/w’, select yes (if you like modifying your Android x86)
    17. If you’re using Android x86 4.0.3 and older, you’ll be prompted to install virtual SDCard, input 1800 MB / 1.8 GB
    18. Reboot your device
    Install Android using CD
    1. Burn the Android x86 ISO
    2. Do not forget to set boot sequance to CD first
    3. Reboot your device, go to Boot Device Selection menu, select the CD / DVD
    4. You will see Android x86 GRUB menu, select Install Android x86 to hard disk
    5. Wait until it to load
    6. Select partition to install Android x86
    7. If you’re unsure, don’t format the partition
    8. There will be a prompt, ‘Install GRUB bla-bla-bla’, if you use Windows, select yes. Another prompt will appear, select yes again.
    9. you’re using Ubuntu, select no
    10. Another prompt, ‘Make system r/w’, select yes (if you like modifying your Android x86)
    11. If you’re using Android x86 4.0.3 and older, you’ll be prompted to install virtual SDCard, input 2 GB (maximum)
    12. Reboot your device
    Install Android on virtual machine
    1. Set up the Virtual Machine (RAM set to min 512 MB), tweak the configuration to match your taste
    2. Make sure you already loaded the ISO file, run the Virtual Machine
    3. A GRUB menu generated by Android x86 will appear, select the last option (Installation – Install Android x86 to hard disk)
    4. Wait until it loads
    5. Create a new partition (Navigate to New, , set to maximum size, navigate to write, done, navigate to quit)
    6. Install Android x86 to new partition
    7. Format the partition to ext3 / ext4 (ext3 / ext4 is recommended than fat32 or ext2).
    8. Answer ‘yes’ to ‘Install bootloader GRUB bla-bla-bla’
    9. Answer ‘yes’ again to ‘Make system r/w’
    10. If you’re asked for SDcard, then input 2GB (the maximum size is 2GB, if your partition is smaller, input suitable size for your partition)
    11. Reboot if process is done.
    For Update and troubleshooting go to XDA-developers “Install Android x86″ thread

Download Support File