1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BlackBerry Priv

Discussion in 'Blackberry - What's New?' started by Nadeem Waris, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Nadeem Waris

Nadeem Waris Active Member

May 16, 2015
    Lovely design and build, pleasing QHD curved display, has a QWERTY keyboard, brings some BlackBerry goodness to Android. Great call quality.

just when you thought hardware keyboards were a thing of the past, they release a new model with a QWERTY keyboard. Nope, it doesn't run BlackBerry OS, it runs Android..!

The US AT&T and unlocked GSM model have 3 gigs of RAM and 32 gigs of storage. There's a microSD card slot to expand storage for multimedia files and other documents. The phone ships with Android 5.1.1 rather than 6.0 Marshmallow, which should be available in 2016..

The company formerly known as RIM hasn't had an easy time in the past few years; their market share dropped precipitously and they're now selling less than a million phones per quarter (Apple and Samsung sell tens of millions per quarter). Elegant and likeable though BlackBerry OS 10 may be,
    it came too late and Android and the iPhone had grabbed the majority mindshare. In a way, the BlackBerry Priv may be too late too.

Two or three years ago when BlackBerry users were jumping ship in droves and adopting iOS and Android, a "BlackBerry-ized" Android smartphone would've been a hit. Take the things you know and love about BlackBerry Bland bring them with you to Android, ackBerry brand included. Now that BlackBerry OS phones have single digit market share, I fear that most folks have already adapted to Android and have perhaps forgotten about the BlackBerry features they once enjoyed. Let's hope I'm pessimistic, because the BlackBerry Priv is a lovely smartphone, and I'd like to see the company recover some of its former ingenuity and glory

source : twitter
    before you post use "search" & follow "sticky thread"..!!!
    GsmDude and Lilly like this.